About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sex-starved

The below video is a speech from Michele Weiner-Davis about sex-starved marriages. I read her book during a past relationship to better understand how to cope with a partner who refused to have sex with me.



As she points out, the low-drive partner determines the frequency of sex. People often assume that it's women who create sexual anorexia in a relationship--but that's not always the case. My ex's disregard for my physical needs and feelings about this were huge red flags and part of our break up. Having a healthy sex life is important for mutual respect and lasting happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment