About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Lent suggestions?

Because I believe that the yearly "40-days-without" Lent tradition is good for me, this year I Googled* the dates in advance so I'll be prepared: February 18-April 2. I'm meant to to do this! Feel free to make suggestions for what you think I should change during this time. Obviously, the final decision is up to me...but I will seriously consider any suggestions. :)


* Google lists a straight 40 days. This is probably better for me than 46 days with a few cheat days thrown in.   (For an explanation why Lent begins 46 days before Easter but is only 40 days long, see How Are the 40 Days of Lent Calculated?

2 comments:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

My first thought was masturbation, but I'm not sure if it's considered a bad habit.... and I was thinking about myself more than you. It seems to be one of my bigger vices, so I would have liked to see whether I could go that long without it. A truly sexless period. But I remember you and that swear jar, so maybe you can do that and save some money out of it. Or limit your TV watching to an hour or two a day.

Trixie Racer said...

I have included masturbation in many previous Lent years. I wasn't planning to this year, but maybe I should.. Thank you.

The swear jar is an excellent idea! My finances are much more limited now, but I will find a way to make that work. I think I'll also add an exercise regimen with penalties like I have previously. Penalties force you to follow through on lazy days. :)

As for TV, I rarely watch it. An hour or two per day would actually be an increase.

Post a Comment