About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Overdosed from glucose test

A few days ago, I had the type of glucose test where you drink an extremely high glucose drink and then test again 2 hours later. My resting blood sugar was 101; it used to be 85. I quit eating sugar 6 weeks ago, so I am confused as to how my results went from a normal blood sugar when regularly eating hot fudge sundaes and cake to prediabetes when I don't consume any sugar at all.

In addition to the higher resting blood sugar rate, the overdose of glucose caused me to get very sick. I was in extreme pain, like when I had cancer a few years ago, and was seriously worried. Thankfully, after the glucose was either out of my system (or had sufficiently diluted), the pain went away. If for any reason my results end up being inconclusive, I will refuse to take another test because the overdose of sugar was too harmful. Not only do I not want the pain, I don't want sugar in my system.

Yesterday I had a piece of sugar-free Trident Splash gum. I haven't had any gum since I stopped having sugar. Doing so was kind of an experiment and it is difficult to describe what I felt. About 20 minutes after putting the gum in my mouth, it was apparent that some ingredient in it was affecting my mental state. Yuck! I immediately threw it out. It really is scary how "foods" and even gum can affect behavior and mental health.

Since I haven't posted a Global Personality Test snapshot in awhile, this is from today:
Stability results were high which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic..

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at the expense of flexibility, efficiency, spontaneity, and fun.

Extraversion results were very high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.
trait snapshot: 
clean, likes large parties, outgoing, makes friends easily, optimistic, positive, social, high self control, traditional, assertive, rarely irritated, self revealing, open, finisher, high self concept, controlling, rarely worries, tough, likes to stand out, does not like to be alone, semi neat freak, fearless, dominant, trusting, organized, resolute, strong, practical, craves attention, adventurous, hard working, respects authority, brutally honest, realist, altruistic

You might have noticed a few differences in my personality report. From doing the yearly My Ideal Partner lists and then dating, I have learned a lot more about myself, who I am, and what I consider important. And now you know, too.  ;)

1 comment:

Pitapat said...

The personality test was interesting so I did one myself and found it was spot on, almost. Good find!

Post a Comment