About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Today is a Lent-free day and tomorrow starts more restrictions


This year, I immediately learned how to cheat the system and bypass the specifics to still get those items which I planned to give up. In fact, because of the alternate choices, my sugar intake has actually INCREASED since Lent has started.  *disappointed*   I've never done this before during Lent and it goes against why I do this.

Day 1: Cursed twice ($2), alarm should not have been on--but it was--and instinctively I pressed snooze ($1).  Total=$3.

Day 2: Was out and about running errands and needed to pee. The only place open was a coffee shop. I walked in, ordered, and while in the bathroom I realized I had just ordered a hot mocha ($10)! I should have known better. However, since I specified "cold sugar coffee drinks" in my Lent post, I will allow this one-time without penalty(-$10). For the net 38 days, Lent includes "sugary coffee drinks." After I realized I had ordered coffee, I cursed ($1). Before the day ended, I cursed two other times also ($2). Total=$3.

Day 3: Had an assortment of dessert items and hot black coffee, but no tres leches. Cursed 3 times ($3). Total=$3.

Day 4: Had hot black coffee, no sugar. Also had a triple chocolate brownie and a few cookies. Cursed once ($1). Total=$1.

To continue on as I have wouldn't be effective. It is clear that I need to revamp the system. Today I am giving myself a "free pass" to have a cold sugary coffee drink without penalty. The remaining 34 days of Lent will be specific and strict.

Black coffee is acceptable. I am not a fan of black coffee, yet giving up sugar and caffeine at the same time appears too stressful. I will not be allowed dessert items--period. Any cakes/cookies/sugar drinks will be a violation and fine-able. I'll need to get my sweet tooth satisfied with sweet potatoes, squash, dates, or fruit.



* It may be best to avoid me for the next week as I go through sugar withdrawals. *

No comments:

Post a Comment