About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Karebears

April 20th is a day that stoners across the world celebrate because 420 is the "code word" for smoking marijuana. Even when I still smoked weed, 4/20 was a day that I took off from smoking. For me, it doesn't symbolize pot--today is the anniversary of when my little sister died.

While I have always been bright, she was much smarter than me. A true genius and very charismatic. When she was sixteen years old, she was the top telemarketer for a major company and earned $40,000/year working part-time. She started the GLBT student union at her high school. She went to the national finals for her school's mock attorney debate team. She had a 4.0. She was a stock broker at 21. Her accomplishments are too numerous for me to list.

We were rivals from birth. As we grew up, I playfully referred to her as "the bad sister" and she called me "mweanie" in return. I loved her dearly but, due to the competitive nature of our relationship, I could never express it. That is one of the few regrets in my life.



I knew when my 40 days of Lent started that today would be the big challenge. *sigh* Tomorrow would've been the last day, and today I masturbated twice. Doh! Was it because I am stressed with grief? Or because I went on a date yesterday and didn't even get a kiss? 39 days is still damn good, though, so I'm not too disappointed with myself. Next year I will do this again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment