About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Gluten-free sugar-free chocolate walnut brownies

Today I am sharing a recent recipe I invented with you: yummy sugar-free gluten-free brownies!
1 1/4 cup Pamela's Pancake Mix
3/4 cup water
1 egg
1/3 cup walnuts, pieces
1/2 avocado, diced
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons 100% cocoa powder, organic
1 squirt of vanilla (1-2 teaspoons?)

Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then, using more coconut oil in a frying pan, cook this mixture as pancakes. It yields 10 pancake brownies. 

As an alternative to frying as pancakes, you could probably cook this in the oven inside muffin tins. In that case, I would estimate 350 degrees for 20 minutes. FYI: I have not done this because I believe that making it on the stove-top with additional coconut oil adds to the sweetness.

* You might notice that the recipe calls for honey. Yes, this is a sweetener. It is the only added sweetener I have used and have only had 3 tablespoons total in the past 4 months. However, 1/5 of a tablespoon of honey for the end result to taste like a chocolate brownie is amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment