About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Surprised by the obvious?

Here is a song I have been enjoying a lot lately that plays on the radio often. I thought I knew what it was about until I saw the video. Just like with life; sometimes we make assumptions when the truth (in hindsight) was clearly there if we had only paid enough attention and read between the lines...




People may be scared of themselves, what they might lose, their image, or just in denial, but few are actually honest with others about who they are at their core. The example above just happens to be a really big one. The book, The Four Agreements, reminds us that other people do not think like us. This concept is difficult for me to assimilate.  *sigh*   Sure I know people think differently, but I naturally assume that their motives are pure and that they are as honest and forthright as I am. That is silly because in reality I am assuming they are the exception.



1 comment:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

Great post, Trix...

In my opinion, this is one of the hardest lessons to learn. People can say that no two people think alike, but experiencing it is far different. I think that we, as individuals, are always trying to find common ground or understanding with others.

When I got into real estate I figured it was the safest business because everyone needs a place to live.I figured, "Well it's guaranteed money because I always pay my bills." But that's me. I was raised by humans. Some people have over 20 evictions on their records. Some people have tons of legal judgments against them because they don't pay their bills. And they're comfortable with that. Being a scumbag is their job, and the only job they'll take seriously. I remember thinking how mind boggling it was that handymen would seriously not pick up their phones when I had work for them, or do a crappy job and expect long term employment. It drove me crazy until I finally came to terms with that ominous lesson.

No two people are the same. Similar maybe, but never the same. Each person has different approaches to life that comes from their unique upbringing and environment. If a person can permanently learn this lesson, their chances for success in both business and life become much greater.

P.S.: Damned song is in my head now...

Post a Comment