About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Don't be jealous of what somebody's got unless you're willing to do what they did to get it.

Many years ago, I heard Joyce Meyer say "Don't be jealous of what somebody's got unless you're willing to do what they did to get it." Her quote has stuck with me ever since.

This morning I was at the gym. There is one woman who is so inspiring--I'll call her Monica. Everytime I see her, I work out harder. I've never witnessed her lifting weights (always during a cardio class), but her body is clear proof that she does. Morning obligations prevent me from getting to the gym earlier, so I arrive 10 minutes before this high-energy dance class ends. Monica always looks like she's having a great time. Compared to everyone else, she doesn't look tired and her moves look like real dance instead of exercise. She is so light on her feet it is an absolute pleasure to watch.

20 minutes into my weight workout, a spin class was starting. Monica, who just finished an intensive 1 hour dance class, immediately heads to the spin room! I follow and choose the bike behind her and to the left. From my vantage point, I focus on her incredible thighs while not being obvious.

The equipment was old, there were no fans (!!), and the class seemed to last forever. Several times I wanted to stop. Then I looked around. Not only did Monica have great legs (the best body in the gym, IMHO), several of the other women did too. This is what I want. I've never been satisfied with my legs. Everytime I thought about leaving class early, "Don't be jealous of what somebody's got unless you're willing to do what they did to get it" played in my head.

After I completed the class, I was super proud of myself. It took about 40 minutes to consciously think about that, in order to achieve my goal, I will have to do this repeatedly. Ugh. But, I'm willing to do what Monica does to get it.   *smile*

This is what I consider a perfect set of legs:
Picture found at: http://www.dirtyandthirty.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment