About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Lent 2014

It happened again. Since I'm not religious in a traditional sense, I forgot about Lent (it ends in 9 days). Coincidently, it was around the beginning of Lent that I decided to quit cake again--this time using the method which works for me.

Food has always been the only vice that I've had difficulty controlling throughout my life. With everything else, I successfully quit by keeping temptation around to remind me that I didn't run out; I chose to quit. After telling a friend about this, it occurred to me that I had never tried this with food. So, I took the last remaining slice of a delicious Strawberry Lemon Coconut cake and put it in the freezer. I am pleased to report that after a month, it is still there! Since I know I can have my favorite cake whenever I want, I don't have a desperate need or withdrawal urges.  :)

3 comments:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

Good Post Trix, as my vice was always meat products. Due to alot of outside influences and the fact that I hate having any vices at all, I'm trying to go without my vice for a while: eating meat. I watched a couple movies in January that got me interested in the idea, and your last post had a nice video. Not having a kitchen sucks, but I don't think it'll be too big of an issue. To be in full control of your vices is a goal that everyone should try and reach... especially if those vices are no good for the body...

Trixie Racer said...

I am sad to report that I didn't make it. As I was eating a muffin yesterday, I realized that it was extremely cake-like. Technically, I didn't have cake, but I should have been more aware of what was going in my mouth before eating. *sigh*

I agree we should all be in control of our vices. Good for you for tackling a big one. Which movies motivated you? I love watching documentaries on Netflix, so, if I haven't already seen them, I'll add them to my queue. :)

p.s.--I still want to know what that superquick workout is that you've mentioned on your blog.

Ahkenaten Kor said...

You ate the muffin without thinking about its content, so it's not as big of a failure as you may think. And 3 days after I stopped eating meat, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and just remembered that I was trying not to eat meat anymore. I didn't know what to do so I just ate it. This won't be an easy task to tackle, but it can be done.

The movie I most remembered was called Forks over Knives. I love watching well-thought out and balanced documentaries as well, so I also go online to find someone who does a rebuttal piece. There's a great one at this link: http://rawfoodsos.com/2011/09/22/forks-over-knives-is-the-science-legit-a-review-and-critique/

Getting both sides and making a decision has worked for me so far. And, as sad as it would seem, I forgot what the workout was that I mentioned on the blog. I asked Ola, the guy who told me about it, and he said he forgot it as well because he now sticks with weights. Once my back heals up 100% and I can start working out again, I'll try to mimic the few steps that I remember. I'm pretty sure it's in my head, I just have to... work it out.

Post a Comment