About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Voice Of Knowledge

The Voice Of Knowledge is the third book in a series by Don Miguel Ruiz. I'm finally getting around to reading it. :)

Here are some quotes:

"One little lie can be very contagious, spreading its seeds from person to person when we share it with others."

"The meaning of the word sin is 'to go against.' Everything that we say, everything that we do against ourselves is a sin."

"The result of believing in truth is goodness, love, happiness. When you live your life in truth, you feel good, and your life is wonderful. ... Believing in lies creates all the injustice, all of the violence and abuse, all of the suffering, not only in society but also in the individual."

"If you have no doubt about what you believe, then for you it is truth, even though it may be a lie."

"It's not important to be right or make others wrong. You know whatever they believe is just their point of view. It has nothing to do with you."

"And if I'm with somebody who tells me how good I am, that person can manipulate my life so easily because I need that recognition."

"I have an image of myself that I believe when I'm all alone, and I project different images around other people, depending on what I want them to believe about me."

"When we discover we are not what we believe we are, the foundation of our entire reality begins to collapse."

"You project what you want me to believe about you, and I modify it depending on what I believe. Now I am sure that you are what I believe you are. I might say, 'I know you,' when the truth is that I don't know you at all. I only know the story I create about you."

"We have a tendency to distort everything we perceive to make it agree with what we already believe; we 'fix it' to make it agree with our lies."

The first two books-- The Four Agreements and The Mastery of Love--are both excellent. This box set is the most valuable set of books I own for improving one's self and mastering a healthy view on relationships.

If you're ready to buy the three-book box set, instead of going to a bookstore, you can save over $20 by purchasing them as a package through this link!!

No comments:

Post a Comment