About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sober over 2 years


From working as a Vegas stripper, I could out-drink 4 big men in a row. My party days were intense. Seriously. I was drinking 30-40 shots of Patron per night (yes, alcohol poisoning several times per week). In addition to that, I was also smoking 6 ounces of weed per month. During my extreme low I even took Valium, Xanax, and snorted powder.. Yeah, I was a party girl.

Then I decided to change my life.


Really. It was that simple. I quit....and I haven't been tempted to lapse.
I enjoy sober life (Mocktails and all!).

It is amazing how many of my dreams have come true since. During this time I took classes and passed certification exams for A+, Networking+, and Security+! In addition, I've taken numerous trips outside the US including: Costa Rica, Panama, Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Germany, and Switzerland. It's been a full-on self-improvement journey--taking care of myself in every way. Truly happy.       :)       :)



Life is getting better and better all the time!! :)

1 comment:

Trixie Fontaine said...

Congratulations on your sobriety and life-living! Thanks for sharing and many hugs to you!!

Post a Comment