About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lent cleansing

Not only am I not a Christian, I don't believe that Jesus Christ ever existed. So why am I posting about Lent? Lent is a time for spiritual cleansing--which is beneficial no matter what your faith (or lack of).

From Wikipedia: There are traditionally forty days in Lent which are marked by fasting, both from foods and festivities, and by other acts of penance. The three traditional practices to be taken up with renewed vigour during Lent are prayer (justice towards God), fasting (justice towards self), and almsgiving (justice towards neighbour). Today, some people give up a vice of theirs, add something that will bring them closer to God, and often give the time or money spent doing that to charitable purposes or organizations.


What will I do different during Lent?
Lent started this year on March 9; I just heard about it so I am starting today. Daily chanting of my mantra and meditation will be a priority. For the fasting aspect, I am giving up masturbation, soda, and cake. In addition, each day I will do at least one activity to selflessly help others.

As I follow this rule I find that I am letting go of old mortal beliefs and the Divine within is flaming higher and higher. Its pure white light is infusing all my surroundings with a delightful spirit of wisdom, dignity, and peace. I realize more and more the law or righteous thinking that is bringing me into a consciousness of my perfect dominion.


My 40th day will be April 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment