About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Sunday, August 31, 2014

The frustration of dating

Many years ago, a man I was seeing told me that he (or any other man) would marry me based upon sexual skill alone. While that was probably meant as a compliment, it made me a little sad. I am an awesome catch yet often men focus on my physical potential.

For precisely this reason, I won't have sex with someone new early on to prevent being used for sex or getting prematurely emotionally attached. After becoming friends with a potential, the Dealbreakers from the My Ideal Partner list or not being made a priority is what disqualifies. Even when I find a man who is close to my list, he usually loses my interest by not expressing enough interest himself. I am not needy nor clingy, and I don't want that from a man. At the same time, I do want to be thought about, appreciated, and shown.

Once upon a time, men knew how to court women; now so few understand what that means. I fully blame the gender-equality problem I've talked about before. This is why, after several months of being ready to date, I am still single. I won't settle; I've done that and it wasn't worth it. I need to be swept off my feet.

Geography doesn't factor in. Money and flight schedules solve distance. I once casually joked that I wouldn't date someone because he lived where it snows but--in all reality--if the mutual chemistry were strong enough, that wouldn't have been a deterrent. So, what stops me from dating someone who lives far away? Nothing. The world is huge.

1 comment:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

You know, it's kinda like choosing a tenant. You can wait until you get the
right one, even though you risk losing money during the wait period. Or you
can lower your standards and rent it out to the best of the worst, even
though you know there will be trouble down the line. It's all about seeing
the value in what you're offering. If I don't care too much about the
apartment, then of course I'll rent it out to whoever wants it. But if I
care about the place and I put the time and effort into making it a great
apartment, I would never rent it out to someone who wouldn't appreciate the
true value of my hard work. Hmm... my analogies usually suck but that was a
good one.

I haven't started dating yet but, when I do, I plan to adopt the same
philosophy. For a man who considers himself the greatest being that ever
existed, anything less than the best would simply be a joke. Anyone who sees value in themselves should do no different.Great post Trix...

Post a Comment