About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Friday, February 14, 2014

I'm Not Your Valentine

Don't ask me to be your Valentine or wish me a Happy Valentine's day. Valentine's Day is for lovers, and I have none.  I am single because the man whom I believed was the love of my life proved he wasn't. When you wish me a Happy Valentine's Day that is the same as wishing a friend whose mother died 4 months earlier a Happy Mother's Day. Not appropriate nor polite. Think about that.

 

5 comments:

Batman said...

Well, then is it okay to wish you unconditional love always?

Ahkenaten Kor said...

well said...

Trixie Racer said...

I decided to write the above post after several people expressed how unhappy they were that Valentine's Day was coming up. Not many people think about how their nice holiday wish will be interpreted by others. When you wish someone who didn't want to be single a Happy Valentine's Day, you might be pouring salt in a wound. My last relationship was like a marriage and how it ended was a traumatic experience for me--similar to losing a spouse to death. Hopefully my post will remind you to think about another's circumstance before speaking, whether it's Valentine's, Mother's Day, or even Christmas.

Timmy said...

I hope ya did have a great v day!!! I forgot I had this page lol. I went back to myspace just to see if you had emailed me there and you had----; a year agi lol. It erased it. Hope all is amazing. IM the fighter/bread guy met ya years agi for a bit. Keep in touch.

Ahkenaten Kor said...

True statement... this kinda goes along with with my theory that everyone the world would be a better place if everyone shuts the fuck up. I remember a former co-worker once asked a woman who was previously pregnant how the new baby is doing. She stood there and cried because the baby was born with a bunch of heart defects and died two days after birth. The idiot just said his hollow apologies to follow his hollow inquiries.

The co worker didn't care about her. He just saw her walking by and wanted to say something to make himself seem thoughtful or Godknowswhat. Shutting the fuck up isn't just a theory... it should be a religion.

Good Post, Trix...

Post a Comment