About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Monday, August 5, 2013

Pretentious

During a recent argument, I called my friend a "pretentious ass". It fit. For fun this morning, while still glowing with pride at my clever remark, I decided to look "pretentious" up in the dictionary. To my absolute shock, there I was. Not just a photo, but a live stream, as if there was a hidden camera in the dot of the i .    *embarrassed*

Seriously... I require an overhaul. I have allowed character flaws to run rampant. I am not a princess. No, I'm not. Truthfully. I have to remember that. There are plenty more too, but no need to boast.   :-p    Honest self-evaluation is tough. And when we go too long without monitoring our own behavior, sometimes we morph into someone we no longer like. 

Structure helps. This is what I am currently working on:
  • Study for IT re-certifications
  • Read The Fourfold Path to Healing: Working with the Laws of Nutrition, Therapeutics, Movement and Meditation in the Art of Medicine  
  • Create compatible menu plans and shopping lists 
  • eBay

1 comment:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

Self evaluation really is tough... I feel as though I do it every second of my life. The benefits, however, are well worth it. Besides knowing yourself better, you also get a better idea of how people perceive you. Priceless stuff, Trixie...

Post a Comment