About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SFO gets an "A" for hiring non-TSA security personnel

The San Francisco Domestic Airport hires outside contractors instead of TSA. Believe it or not, there is a huge difference! I went through the San Francisco airport today (with my cats). The man at the x-ray suggested I bring the cats into a private room so they couldn't escape while scanning my bags. What an incredible idea! With all the times I have flown with them, this is the first time ever that this has been suggested and allowed. TSA makes me juggle cats in each arm!

Like always, I opted-out of the radiation-rich, picture-taking, full-body x-ray machine. As I posted last month, this leads to an invasive groping search. This time my private female screener was courteous, polite, and respectfully walked me through the process. It did not feel like molestation and I didn't feel like she pushed beyond their legal rights. It was as good of an experience as being screened can be. So much so, in fact, that I am writing a letter to Covenant Aviation Security, LLC, so her good and appropriate behavior gets positive recognition. Hopefully more airports will get rid of TSA and hire private screeners instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment