About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Me & My Ideal Partner 2011

Who I am: Playful, independent, highly sexual, no regrets, ex-pat, generous, spiritual, zest for life, not afraid to say “no”, follows my heart, non-smoker, self-respecting, loves unconditionally, open-minded, intuitive, jet-setter, comfortable talking about anything, shares, adventurous, self-thinking, lifetime student, love traveling, compassionate, childlike (not childish), enjoys helping others, romantic, good in bed, honest even when it hurts to be, sober, pretty, non-jealous, girly, computer geek, fit, genuine, old soul, enjoys reading, grounded, self aware, vain, happy, tenacious, intelligent, believes everything happens for a reason, loyal friend, motivated, realist, smiles and laughs easily, positive, healthy eater, sports fan, kinky, trustworthy, dog lover, cat owner, fair, logical, reliable, awesome boobs, thinks outside the box, one-of-a-kind, thoughtful, respectful, "show off", teacher, grateful, helps friends move, accepts people for who they are, sense-of-humor, values privacy, spontaneous, turns dreams into reality, liberal yet conservative, motherly, bisexual, confident, lovable, likes crossdressers, child-free.
Caution: high maintenance, clumsy, mildly bipolar, polyamorous, allergic to drama



Many people approach life-partner relationships as "This person likes me/is ok/attractive, let's see if it can work.." Not me. Just because someone is good enough to be my friend does not make him partner material. My standards are set high--too high some might think. There is no shortage of potential partners and I refuse to change someone to make him fit the mold I want. Doing so isn't fair to either party. There is someone out there who is already *exactly* the person I want and I am already *exactly* what he wants. When the time is right, we will find each other. Until then, I'll enjoy being single. No rush.

My ideal partner has these qualities: Genius intelligence, is my best friend, ex-pat mentality, knows and likes the true me, shares hopes and dreams, funny, honest even when it hurts to be, treats me as an equal, ethical, loves himself, has faith in me, thinks outside-the-box, successful, gentleman, makes me laugh, computer geek, generous, we talk about everything, speaks more than one language, always considerate of my feelings, zest for life, athletic, non-smoker, gives me space, worldly, open-minded, loves unconditionally, supports me mentally/physically/financially/emotionally, good in bed, spiritual, articulate, sense of humor, motivated, sincere, trustworthy, romantic, helps me better myself, spontaneous, likes cats & dogs, listens to me, teaches me, builds and repairs things, acts like a man and treats me like a lady, smart in ways I'm not, fair, includes me, takes chances, respectful, puts me in my place, likes to learn, high sex drive, reliable, family values, enjoys traveling, confident, cuddles, responsible, loyal, not jealous, healthy eater, protects me, stops me from eating cake
Deal breakers: Drug addiction, alcoholism, scares me, makes me feel bad about myself, lies, disrespectful, violent


This "Ideal Partner" posting has become a yearly tradition: 2008, 2009, and 2010. Each year I re-examine who I am and what I want out of life. The list gets longer and more focused each year. When I am interested in a man, I actually do a pro/con list for him too. By putting it all down on paper, it is easy to see which qualities I admire and whether he has any tiny red flags that shouldn't be ignored. (Usually it's an effective weeding out process.)


Last month I had a my horoscope done for 2011. Essentially it said I will remain single. That's ok. I like myself. :)


Wayseer Manifesto v1 by The Wayseers

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey when i see you and read what you write i was reminded of what Marilyn Monroe once said ;
"everyone is just laughing at me. I hate it. Big breasts,big ass big deal. Can't i be anything else"-MM
here's to enjoying your blog musings--and being something else-- and your pics ;)

Trixie Racer said...

Thank you for your feedback. Unlike Marilyn, I love my big breasts and don't mind the attention they bring. When someone doesn't care to get to know me better, it's their loss. :-p

Here are my favorite Marilyn Monroe quotes:

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."


"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

Unknown said...

first quote is just great-it totally resonates with me

second one- the first sentence is always interesting to me as those statements appear to be straight up mysticism.
at any rate have u read Siddartha by herman hesse, great read if u are looking for some existential-self actualizing reading

Trixie Racer said...

After Googling Siddartha, I may pick it up the next time I'm at Barnes & Noble. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Post a Comment