About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Love, lies, respect

What is love? For most of my life I believed that it was feelings for another person. I had many relationships like this. It was mutually beneficial, caring, deep, and real; best friends. But the chemical version of love is much different. You don't need to know the other person at all. My last relationship was the chemical version. In all reality, I know much more about my ex from other people than he ever told me himself. Yet I loved him. How could I love someone I did not really know? Because chemical love isn't for another person but the feelings and emotions that person stirs within yourself. He awoke passion within me, and for that I would have accepted him for whomever he is. The only thing I cannot accept is lies. Does it seem silly to give up so much over so little?

 When someone lies it is because they do not respect you enough to be honest and they think you are too stupid to know the difference. It is the ultimate disrespect. For this reason, it is one of the few behaviors that I will not tolerate. I need an honest reality and to feel respected.



   I have never been one of those women who jumps from relationship to relationship. I am happy being with myself and have never felt the need to have a man to complete me. That doesn't change the fact that I have been lonely. Yet, I choose to stay single until I find someone who is worthy of my energy. 

2 comments:

T. said...

If someone does not respect you enough to give you their full honesty, understand that you do not have to settle. You will only hurt yourself. Good for you.

Ahkenaten Kor said...

Good stuff Trix!

I just started feeling almost the same way about a month ago, but it was more about missing sex than companionship. Let us know when you find a solution to it all, because it could be of some help...

Post a Comment