About Me

My photo
When you fail to follow your dreams, you cheat yourself out of being you.
Be proud of who you are and don't back down.
Be a winner at the game of life!

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Why would anyone vote for Donald Trump to be the President of the United States?

Why did over half of voters in the United States vote for Trump? There are many possible reasons:
  • Bernie Sanders supporters upset that Hillary Clinton stole the Democratic nomination
  • agree with Donald Trump's bigoted opinions
  • believes that the US needs a physical border for safety
  • rich and want to save on taxes
  • lost faith in US career politicians
  • belief that Trump will be the most honest option
  • agreeing with Trumps views like "dishonest biased media" or questioning vaccines
  • dislikes Hillary Clinton's past, viewpoints, or platform
  • fear of a female president
  • always votes Republican
  • (there are countless other reasons too...)

I heard many people say that they didn't know anyone who was voting for Trump. Yet, with the numbers that obviously is not true. Were Trump voters silent? Many were. I know I was. The few times I expressed my love of Bernie and my disdain of Hillary, I was verbally assaulted. Trump wasn't my top choice and I am turned off by his unfiltered bigoted mouth; however, Hillary's aggressive DNC campaign stole the presidency from the man who rightfully should have won. I held on to my thoughts quietly and then voted. Thankfully friends and family rarely read my blog.


And why did I vote for Donald Trump in the Presidential election?
  • My belief that Hillary is extremely corrupt and diabolical
  • I was furious at the DNC for rigging the primary
  • Not trusting "more of the same" 
  • Bernie Sanders was not on the ballot


Are you seriously in shock that Trump was elected president? 
This was predicted BEFORE the primaries!!

Was there an alternative? Absolutely. And, as the pre-primary polls showed, only Bernie Sanders could beat Trump. I would have voted for Bernie Sanders. And I did in the primary. But Hillary supporters were more pro-Hillary than anti-Trump. Had they truly cared about a Democrat winning the 2016 ticket they would have voted Bernie Sanders. In the Bernie Sanders vs Donald Trump scenario, Sanders would have won. Everyone knew in advance. It is amazing how ego gets in the way. Every primary vote for Hillary instead of Bernie was actually a vote for Trump. The Bernie supporters didn't just throw away their desire for change. They wanted change more than a Democrat Head or a woman. Clinton did not symbolize change. Trump became the only alternative for these voters.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Supreme Court nominations was the primary reason i supported Trump over Hillary, there were many more small reasons, but that is the biggest one I had that you didn't list. WE now have a conservative judge to replace Scalia that would protect the recent 2A decisions, and help protect it in the future.

Timmy said...

I voted for Jill Stein of the "Green Party." I couldn't with a good concience vote for Hillary as I couldn't trust her, nor could I vote for Trump.

Post a Comment